Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
If you haven’t been to California’s Disneyland in awhile you may not have seen Avengers Campus Disneyland yet. We’ve got all the tips you need to maximize your Avengers experience including what rides there are, what to eat, and few secrets to make your visit to this Marvel cinematic universe themed land even more magical.
The writer was hosted at a media preview of the Avengers Campus Disneyland and has visited since on her own.
Avengers Campus Disneyland Resort: The Backstory
This new land with a Marvel twist has a fun back story: Iron Man (Tony Stark) developed Avengers Campus as a place for regular folks to train alongside super heroes.
Surprise the man in your life with a Vitamix blender for Father’s Day so he can be the King of Summertime BBQs and pool parties. Buy now and you can save $100 on the A3500 Entertaining Bundle for making cocktails, sauces, dips, soups and so much more!
As a result, Avengers Campus is an ultra immersive experience which is reflected in everything from rides to character experiences. Due to this expect a visit to Avengers Campus to include heroic encounters with Captain America and Black Widow. Spot the Quinjet on the rooftop of Avengers headquarters, where epic live battles take place. By the end, chances are you’ll feel like a super hero yourself!
TravelingMom Tip: If you haven’t been to Disneyland since it reopened be sure to familiarize yourself with changes like park reservations, advance ticket sales, and of course the new Magic Key program.
Where is Avengers Campus located?
The Disneyland Resort is made up of two theme parks and three on-property Disneyland Resort hotels. Avengers Campus is located within the Disney California Adventure park.
Avengers Campus is a 6-acre Marvel-themed space with rides, extraordinary character interactions, unique dining and lots of photo ops. It is located in the former “a bug’s land” space. There are three access points to get into Avengers Campus – main entrance across from Golden Vines Winery, walkway through Cars Land and entry at the end of Hollywood Land.
Inside of Avengers Campus Disneyland you can ride rides, taste food, and explore the Ancient Sanctum. Disney Imagineering really knocked it out of the park on this. Similar to Pandora at Animal Kingdom the experience is different depending on time of day. Visiting the Sanctum after dark and you might get a special glimpse at the Orb’s magical energy.
Join our Private Disney FB Group for more tips! JOIN HERE
More Avengers Campus locations are planned.
At this point the Avengers Campus in Anaheim is the only one, but not for long. Progress photos of construction at Disneyland Paris were shared at the D23 expo. The Avengers Campus opening at Disneyland Paris is expected to happen in summer 2022. After that Hong Kong Disneyland will open a new Avengers Campus in 2023.
Marvel Characters at Disneyland
It wouldn’t be a Disney theme park without character meet ‘n greets. And while socially distanced greetings are the current norm, Avengers Campus does a great job of allowing guests to see their favorite super heroes from Marvel comic books and popular movies.
Some of the Avengers Campus character appearances and live entertainment have specific show times. Several of these events do not occur after dark. Locations and times can be searched daily in the Disneyland app. Here’s where to find Marvel characters at Disneyland:
- Watch for Spider-Man as he swings from rooftops and chats with guests. This character greeting is a combination of live actor and animatronic. The animatronic version that flies over the roof top is next level!
- Thor and Black Widow can often be spotted at the top of Avengers Headquarters.
- Ant-Man and Iron Man pose with guests at the base of the same building.
- Guests are encouraged to try out their hand at the mystic arts alongside Doctor Strange in the Ancient Sanctum. There is a fun mind-bending optical illusion that’s a must for Instagram-worthy photos!
- Black Panther and Captain America chat and stop for photos next to an Avengers vehicle.
- It’s not all just “good guys”. Guests can expect to see a few villains as well. Taskmaster battles it out on the rooftop of Avengers Headquarters. Loki, the newest Disney+ star, has been appearing in a variety of costumes within Avengers Campus.
Dress Up to Make the Most of an Avengers Campus Visit
Disclosure: The following section is sponsored by shopDisney.
Join our Private FB Group for more travel inspiration and tips! JOIN HERE
Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure park is a place for kids to transform into super heroes. My kids love dressing up like characters from one of their favorite movies, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. They carefully selected their Ghost-Spider costume and Miles Morales Spider-Man costume for our day inside Avengers Campus. Being in costume while riding WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure made the day even more special. And the photos are so dang cute!
In addition to costumes, shopDisney has a whole array of authentic Marvel gear, including water bottles, Spider-Man Loungefly Mini Backpack and this external phone charger. To get the best deals, watch for shopDisney’s frequent sales. Shipping is always free when your purchase totals $75 or more.
Rides at Avengers Campus
Currently Avengers Campus Disneyland has two rides. A third ride is expected but the timeline isn’t very clear. There was concept art that was displayed and quickly taken down that showed the Quinjet E-ticket attraction having jetpack seats.
WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
This is Disney, so every attraction has a story. The WEB SLINGERS story is this: Worldwide Engineering Brigade (aka: WEB) is having an open house to showcase its newest inventions. Unfortunately, Peter Parker’s Spider-Bots are going haywire and threaten to take down Avengers Campus Disneyland.
That’s where you come in! This fun 3D ride turns riders into super heroes. This interactive ride, similar to Toy Story: Midway Mania, lets riders spin and throw webs just like Spider-Man, thanks to some innovative technology.
Guests simply move their hands and see their “webs” destroy Spider-Bots on the screens. Points are tracked and there are ways to score bonuses. My kids loved WEB SLINGERS of course, though they lamented that it was too short of a ride!
The attraction is extremely lively, with intense peril in the form of problematic Spider-Bots. Most kids will likely enjoy “flinging webs” from their hands to the screens. Be aware there is some spinning as the vehicles move and the volume inside is loud.
TravelingMom Tip: There is no height requirement for WEB SLINGERS, which means everyone in the family can join the fun. Families will sit four to a row within each ride vehicle.
How to Ride on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Ride
When this ride opened a virtual queue was utilized just like at the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. At this time entry to the ride is by standby lane or by purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane entry, part of the new Genie+ program. However, Disneyland does say right on their site that “under certain circumstances access to WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure may temporarily require joining a virtual queue”. Definitely make sure you have the Disneyland app installed and are checking it regularly. Here are the virtual queue instructions should your visit require it.
How the Virtual Queue Works
- Download the Disneyland app to your smart phone. Make sure push notifications are on!
- Boarding group windows open each morning at 7 am and again at noon.
- The 7 am virtual queue is available only to people who have a valid park ticket with a Disney California Adventure starting park reservation. The noon queue is available to anyone who has a park hopper or DCA ticket that has been scanned into a park that day.
- Only one spot in the virtual queue can be held at a time. So you have to choose between WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure and Rise of the Resistance.
When it’s time for your boarding group to ride, you’ll receive a notice in the Disneyland app, so check your alerts frequently. You’ll need to show your credentials to enter.
Guardians of the Galaxy – MISSION: Breakout!
Formerly located within Hollywood Land, Guardians of the Galaxy – MISSION: Breakout! has joined the rest of the gang within Avengers Campus. This thrill ride features unexpected drops and a variety of rock songs that change each time you ride.
Guardians of the Galaxy does not require a virtual queue and guests may wait in a regular lineup for this attraction.
Traveling Mom Tip: Guardians of the Galaxy has a 40-inch height requirement. But this is still a terrifying attraction, especially for those who do not enjoy steep drops. Keep in mind this ride is a reimagined version of the Tower of Terror (which you can still ride at Walt Disney World.) If younger kids (or the less daring in your group) want to skip, use the Rider Swap service.
Food Options at Avengers Campus Disneyland
Wondering what to eat at Avengers Campus Disneyland? You’ve got 4 dining options at your fingertips- Pym Test Kitchen, Pym Tasting Lab, Shawarma Palace, and Terran Treats. More than ever before, mobile ordering via the Disneyland app is a must. Did you know you can get your orders set up first thing in the morning? Check out our tip below!
TravelingMom Tip: Plan out meal times and peruse menus ahead of the trip. As you wait in line to enter the park in the morning, place all of the snack and meal orders for the day through mobile ordering. Then the app will send a push notification to your phone when the mobile order pick up window opens. Finally, simply press, “Prepare my order” when you’re at the restaurant and ready to pick up!
Pym Test Kitchen Quick Service Dining
The concept at Pym Test Kitchen? Ant-Man and The Wasp used pym particles to create both over-sized and tiny food. It’s a whimsical touch that’s an awesome addition to Avengers Campus.
This Disneyland quick service restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. While there may be some walk-up dining available at Pym Test Kitchen, it’s best to rely on mobile ordering (more on this, keep reading).
Dining at Pym Test Kitchen is an Avengers Campus attraction on its own. In addition to the quirky food, there’s lots of whimsy in the restaurant itself that kids will love. Highlights on the menu and in the dining area:
- In the ordering area, look up at the large and small pretzels changing size, thanks to “pym particles.”
- Ever-Expanding Cinna-Pym Toast, served for breakfast.
- Pym-ini is a panini sandwich with marinara dipping sauce. Brought a big group? Consider ordering the $99.99 Family Sized Pym-ini, sized to feed 8 people!
- Plant-based Impossible “meatballs” come in large and mini sizes.
- Quantum Pretzel, an enormous pretzel that’s enlarged by a quantum tunnel (of course!) and comes with sides of mustard and beer cheese dipping sauce.
- Pingo Doce, a bright green carbonated drink of Avengers lore, found in the Coke Freestyle machines. The flavor is a delicious not-too-sweet lemon-lime with vanilla. Look overhead at the giant soda cans that feed into the dispensers!
- Not so Little Chicken Sandwich, served with teriyaki and red chili sauces and cabbage slaw with a teeny-tiny bun. My “particular eater” was able to order his meal with everything on the side.
Pym Tasting Lab
Unique Marvel details are everywhere at this lounge next to Pym Test Kitchen. You’ll feel like you’ve shrunk down to Ant-Man’s size as you explore the oversized details. It’s easier to show you so check out this video from the Disney Parks TikTok account.
Offering breakfast and snacks this spot serves both meat and plant based options. It might just be the best shawarma and falafel outside of New York City.
Who doesn’t love a churro? This food cart serves up spiral pineapple churros and Terran cream puffs filled with whipped raspberry cheesecake!
What Else Can Kids Do in Avengers Campus Disneyland?
Yes, Disneyland’s Avengers Campus is for Marvel super fans. And little kids love Spider-Man, so the WEB SLINGERS attraction is ideal. The ride was definitely my kids’ favorite part of exploring Avengers Campus! What else is there for kids inside Avengers Campus?
- Train alongside General Okoye and the Dora Milaje. The Black Panther’s bodyguards expound upon the wisdom from Wakanda.
- Game together on the Play Disney Parks app. Interactive games incorporate different areas around the Disneyland parks. Kids will enjoy playing attraction-themed games on a mobile device when waiting in lines. My 9 year old loves competing against me on the movie trivia!
- Join the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! with Star-Lord and Gamora. Guests can participate in this lively dance party with rock classics from the movies.
- Buy a WEB tech souvenir. It’s a plus-up to WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Use the tech on the ride then play it with as a toy once back at home.
- Indulge in a kid-friendly non-alcoholic beverage at Pym Test Kitchen. The Proton PB&J Punch combines lemonade with peanut butter and strawberry flavors with a whipped cream and pretzel topping. Or tackle the behemoth Choco-Smash CANDY BAR, a layered dessert of dark chocolate, nuts, caramel, nougat and brownie! The Choco-Smash is our favorite Avengers Campus treat.
Traveling Mom Tip: Always bring a portable phone charger to Disneyland. Between mobile ordering, taking photos, accessing the virtual queue and playing the games, you’ll need to recharge your device.
Shopping at Avengers Campus Disneyland
Naturally this themed land includes plenty of opportunity for shopping. These are the shops and locations, with details on what each provides.
Web Suppliers (located across from the WEB SLINGERS ride) – Purchase WEB Tech accessories to enhance ride play on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Costs range between $24.99-$29.99. Use the WEB Tech on the attraction. Then when you get home the kids can play with it as a toy.
Web Suppliers also sells Spider-Bots toys in a variety of sizes and styles to play with at home. These entertaining robotic remote controlled toys are a great souvenir for any Spider-Man fan.
Campus Supply Pod (located next to Pym Test Kitchen) – Outdoor shopping kiosk with a variety of apparel.
The Collector’s Warehouse (inside the exit to Guardians of the Galaxy) – large variety of super hero collectibles, toys, action figures and comic books.
What’s to Come at Avengers Campus Disneyland
The yet-to-come major attraction, housed inside the Avengers Headquarters building, will send recruits on a Quinjet flight to Wakanda and beyond. Guest will fly alongside the Avengers and be part of the action.